Traveling with Children
- A child’s ticket must be purchased along with an adult fare.
- The child and adult must travel together for the entire trip.
- One-ways and round-trips cannot be combined on the same transaction.
- Car seats are not allowed on the bus, as there are no guarantees your bus will have seat belts to secure them. Our newest buses are equipped with seat belts, but there is no way to know beforehand which model bus you will be traveling on.
- Child discounts available.
Any passenger under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a passenger at least 15 years of age or older at all times. Passengers between the ages of 8 and 14 years of age inclusive, may travel unaccompanied at full adult fare if the following conditions are met in their entirety:
If any of the below conditions are not met, then the passenger must be accompanied by a passenger at least 15 years of age or older in order to travel.
- The passenger’s trip will begin and end on the same schedule (no transfers).
- The passenger’s trip will be no longer than five (5) hours in duration.
- The passenger’s trip (origin to destination) must take place during daylight hours only.
- Both the origin and destination stations are full service agencies or company operated facilities.
- The destination station will be open at the time the passenger is scheduled to arrive.
- Parent, Guardian or Legal Custodian of the child must complete and sign the Unaccompanied Child Form authorizing the child to make the trip and return this to the Customer Service Supervisor on duty. This form specifically names the person authorizing the trip and the person meeting the child at the destination and the telephone number(s) at which this person may be contacted. It also provides an emergency contact name and telephone number in the event it is needed. This form is to be obtained and completed at the departure terminal on the day of departure.
- In order for the child to be released at the destination, the person named on the Unaccompanied Child Form as the one meeting the child must have positive picture identification, the child will be released into the custody of Child Protective Services or to local law enforcement officials in the destination city.
- A fee of $5 will be assessed for each child traveling unaccompanied.
If any of the above conditions are not met, then the passenger must be accompanied by a passenger at least 15 years of age or older in order to travel.
Tickets for unaccompanied children are not sold online.
Print at Home tickets cannot be purchased for unaccompanied children. Tickets should be purchased, at full fare, at the full service terminal.
Please check our Deals & Discounts section for more information on discounts for children traveling by bus.