Shipping / Package Express
Peter Pan Bus Lines Package Express
Peter Pan Package Express is an economical choice for non-time sensitive ground shipments with time estimates ranging from one to 10 business days based on distance.
To ship a package, bring your package to the Peter Pan ticket counter at one of our stations offering Package Express services and a customer service representative will process your shipment. Please check our bus station locator for detailed information for each location. Hours vary by location.
Packages / Packaging
Costs are determined based on weight. Rates vary by weight, distance and service level. Certain size restrictions apply. See terms.
Size And Weight Limits
The maximum weight per package is 100 pounds. The extreme measurements of length, width and height shall not exceed 30″ x 47″ x 82″.
All shipments must be packed in containers made of durable material and of quality sufficient to withstand handling on buses. All packages containing FRAGILE or PERISHABLE articles must be marked in large letters, preferably with appropriate labels. See Terms and Conditions for complete packaging requirements.
Peter Pan reserves the right to open and inspect shipments when deemed necessary, and to refuse those improperly or inadequately packed, those damaged and those containing articles prohibited for shipment.
We do not provide pet transport services.
Size, Weight and Value Limitations
Packages will be accepted for transportation, provided the dimensions of the package are within 30 inches x 47 inches x 82 inches.
Shipments of Skis and/or Ski Poles will not be subject to the size limitations specified herein.
The carriers participating in these rates, rules and regulations reserve the right to refuse to accept a package if its dimensions, even though within the limits specified herein, exceed the size or capacity of the Baggage and Express Compartments of the available vehicles.
No single package will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one hundred (100) pounds in Actual Weight. Express Baggage shipments may not exceed 75 pounds per piece.
No single shipment (Prepaid, or Collect) will be accepted for transportation that exceeds one thousand dollars ($1,000) in actual or released value. Released or declared value is the value agreed upon between the shipper and the carrier as evidenced by the uniform receipt given to the shipper by the carrier at the time of shipment or within a reasonable time thereafter or as agreed upon. With the exception of Express Baggage Service shipments, excess value charges will be assessed for any shipment with value greater than one hundred dollars ($100). Express Baggage Service shipments will be assessed excess value charges for any shipment with value greater than two hundred, fifty dollars ($250).
Excess Value Charges
Excess Value Charges will be assessed dependent upon the value declared in writing by the shipper or agreed upon in writing as the released value of the property, as follows:
Excess, Overweight, Oversize Baggage in Express Service (Express Baggage)
Up to a maximum of 5 pieces of Excess, Overweight, or Oversize Baggage will be accepted in Express Baggage Service at reduced rates, under the following conditions:
- Bag must not exceed size limit as listed above in the SIZE, WEIGHT AND VALUE LIMITATIONS section.
- Bag must not exceed 75 pounds in weight.
- Passenger must present proof of ticket purchase to ship Express Baggage. Baggage may be shipped to destination shown on ticket only and at the same time as the passenger. Baggage sent ahead of the passenger will travel at normal express tariff rates.
- Baggage transported in Express Baggage Service must be prepaid.
- Actual rates for Express Baggage Service will be based on current Express Rate Zones. Baggage destined to Express Rate Zones A thru C, will be $25 per piece, while baggage destined to Express Rate Zone D will be $30 per piece and Express Rate Zone E will be $35 per piece.
- Maximum value for Express Baggage Service is $1000 per shipment of up to 5 pieces. Free value allowance is $250. An additional charge as indicated above will be assessed for any value over and above the $250 free allowance.
- Items shipped in Express Baggage Service are subject to the same definition of baggage as listed in the passenger fare tariff and sales manual (Section 2.1).
- Baggage not meeting these conditions may be sent via Peter Pan Package Express Service at regular tariff rates and rules, or by another method of the passenger’s choosing.
Articles Prohibited or Subject to Special Conditions of Acceptance
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport Express shipments which, because of character, size or weight are obnoxious to passengers, or which are likely to be, or to become, objectionable to passengers or prospective passengers, or which are liable to cause injury to personnel, to baggage, to other shipments or to the carriers’ equipment.
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport any item, material or substance, the possession of which or the transportation of which is unlawful.
- The carriers WILL NOT accept or transport package Express shipments that indicate that the consignee’s address is an APO (Army Post Office) or FPO (Fleet Post Office) number.
Explosives And Other Hazardous (Dangerous) Materials – Prohibited:
- Packages or shipments which contain explosives or other hazardous (dangerous) materials listed below, and any and all other types of explosives or hazardous (dangerous) materials that require a special diamond label WILL NOT be accepted for transportation.
- Batteries, Electric
- Containing Liquid Acid
- Dangerous Materials
- Flammable Materials
- Fuel Tanks (Used)
- Gases in Cylinders
- Hazardous (Dangerous) Materials
- Hazardous Waste Materials
- Liquids, Combustible,
- Flammable, Corrosive or
- Caustic, Nitrogen, Poisons,
- Radioactive Materials
Other Prohibited Articles:
Packages or shipments which contain the following commodities, articles, materials, or substances WILL NOT be accepted for transportation:
- Alcoholic Beverages or Liquors,
- Including Ale, Beer, Wine
- Animal Heads (see exceptions below)
- Animals, Live
- Articles Packed in Wet Ice or Water (see exceptions below)
- Ashes of Cremated Corpses
- Automobile Windshields (see exceptions below)
- Fluorescent Signs (Fabricated)
- Glass, Window (see exceptions below)
- Materials Having a Disagreeable Odor
- Money (Coins and Currency authorized as a medium of exchange by a recognized Government, including Treasury Bills, Notes, and Bonds)
- Negotiable Instruments (items convertible into Currency or Cash – see exceptions below)
- Neon Signs or Bent Neon Tubing (see exceptions below)
- Paintings, in Frames, with Glass
- Pictures and Paintings, with Glass, in Frames
- Reptiles, Live
- Snakes, Live
- Wild Game
- Window Glass (see exceptions below)
- Windshields, Automobile (see exceptions below)
- Wine (All Types)
- Shipments of Human Blood and Blood Components, when packed in Wet Ice, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority Express Service only.
- Shipments of Water and Environmental Samples, when packed in Wet Ice, WILL be accepted for transportation.
- Shipments of fresh or frozen Food products, when packed in Wet Ice, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority Express Service only. (See “Articles Prohibited Except Under Special Conditions of Acceptance”)
- Shipments of Human Eyes, when transported for cornea and/or lens extraction, WILL be accepted for transportation in Priority Service only.
- Negotiable Instruments, consisting of Checks moving between banks in the process of collection WILL be accepted for transportation.
- Shipments of Payroll Checks, moving at the direction of an employer to his employee(s), WILL be accepted for transportation, subject to a limited liability not to exceed the cost incurred for the reconstruction or preparation of new Payroll Checks, but not the cost of transportation, in case of loss or damage.
- Shipments of Automobile Windshields, Automobile Window Glass, Neon Signs and Bent Neon Tubing WILL be accepted for transportation subject to a Zero Released Value and provided the shipper will assume full risk for damage and the carrier(s) shall NOT be liable for damage.
- Animal Heads, consisting of decapitated animals for the purpose of medical testing only will be permitted when properly containerized and not in conflict with bio-hazardous materials handling policy.