The “Green” & Environmentally-Friendly Bus Company
When You Travel by Peter Pan Motorcoach… You Go “Green!”
- Peter Pan buses are the most energy-efficient mode of transportation…twice as fuel-efficient as Amtrak and other train services…three times as efficient as automobiles…and four times as efficient as commercial aviation.
- All Peter Pan vehicles operate using Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) and/or biodiesel fuel making Peter Pan buses a huge part of America’s energy solution.
- All Peter Pan vehicles are purchased with state-of-the-art emissions-lowering technology to reduce polluting particulate emissions by 90%.
- Our maintenance facilities use low mercury, high-energy efficient fluorescent bulbs that are recycled upon replacement.
- All Peter Pan coaches use a unique Global Positioning System ( GPS), which enables us to control/eliminate unnecessary idling. GPS allows us to monitor speed and braking patterns, thereby saving 5% on tire wear and saving 8% in fuel economy.
- Each Peter Pan motorcoach can replace 55 autos from the highway… saving fuel, cutting emissions and reducing congestion.
- Peter Pan motorcoaches currently provide 184 passenger miles per gallon (MPG)… more than double the second most fuel-efficient transportation alternative.
- Peter Pan motorcoaches produce carbon emissions of only 56 grams per passenger, compared to 371 grams for a passenger car.
- Peter Pan motorcoaches use 946 BTUs per passenger mile compared to 3,890 for planes and 2,134 for trains.
- Peter Pan motorcoaches emit the least amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) per passenger than any other transportation vehicle. CO2 emissions are reduced by an average of 85% per passenger mile for every person who chooses to travel on a Peter Pan coach vs. driving alone.